As a steel professional,
we will provide optimal total solutions.
Major Fields of Business
As a core trading company of NIPPON STEEL GROUP, we provide the comprehensive service from the procurement of raw materials for steel making to the delivery of steel products to the customer.
Domestic and global sales network
Steel Division transacts many types of steel products made by NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION, one of the world leading steel manufacturer, and its group companies. We provide many customers with these products by making use of the domestic and global sales network built through the long-term business partnership.
Focusing the energy on our customer oriented sales, we will strengthen our function and ability to grasp the diversifying and advancing customers' requirement timely, and to resolve it properly. Entering the steel market deeply and sharing the strategy with the steel manufacturers, we invest our resources to the growing category which the demand is expected to increase, and we pursue the creation of value-added distribution in the steel business.
Providing the comprehensive service
By making use of the processing and distributing facilities such as steel processing center which cover all of Japan as well as a network that spreads overseas, we build up the service organization to deliver the steel products such as steel sheet, steel pipes, section steels and construction materials, in order to meet the customers' requirement such as pressing, cutting and machining.
Regarding the raw materials business, we actively secure the stable and diverse supply sources worldwide to provide the raw materials such as coking coals, steel scrap, ferro-alloys.
Regarding the machinery business, we contribute the steel manufactures for their stable steel production by providing them with many types of the products such as steel-making machinery, rolls and machinery parts.
Collaboration with Mitsui & Co.
A further strengthened supply chain from raw materials to final product
Based on a resolution adopted at a meeting of the board of directors in March 2017, we concluded a basic agreement with Mitsui & Co. for our company to acquire a part of the steel business of the Mitsui & Co. Group in or around April 2018, and for Mitsui & Co. to begin acquiring an additional number of our company's shares in order to strengthen our capital ties.
- 1.Improving the level of customer satisfaction
- By utilizing the knowledge, comprehensive capabilities, and value chain that both companies have developed over many years, we will aim to provide better services to our customers.
- 2.Improving competitiveness and expanding the steel business
- By combining and mutually reinforcing the sales strength, customer base, specialty products and services, sales network, and manufacturing sites of the two companies, we will work to expand the steel business. We will also aim to improve competitiveness by maximizing the comprehensive capabilities and synergistic effects.
- 3.Accelerating our global strategies
- Aiming to capture demand not only Japanese companies but also companies in overseas markets where demand for steel is growing at an accelerating rate, we will make maximum use of the business foundations and business competitiveness of both companies, and will work to be best partners that can plan and propose total solutions that match the global needs of a wide range of customers around the world.
- Steel Sheet(Hot Rolled Coils, Cold Rolled Coils, Coated Steel Sheets, Plates, Electrical Steel Sheets, Tinplate and others)
- Steel Pipes and Tubes(Seamless Pipe and Tubes, Welded Pipes and Tubes, Large-Diameter Pipes, Pipes for Piling, Fitting and others)
- Structural Steel (Rails, Section Steel, Wide Flange Shapes, Light H Shapes, Reinforcing Bars, and others)
- Rods and Bars(Bars, Wire Rods, Bar in coils, Cold Finished Steel Bars, Welding Materials, and others)
- Construction Materials(Steel Sheet Piles, Structural Materials for Civil Engineering and Construction, and others)
- Other types of steel products, Stainless Steel, Titanium
- Raw Materials(Iron Ore, Coal, Coke, Pig Iron, Steel Scrap, Ferro-Alloys, Blast-furnace slag, Heavy Oil, Oil Products, LPG and others)
- Machinery(Steel-making machinery, Machine Tools, Metal Processing Machinery, Machinery Parts, Energy-Related Machinery, Construction Machinery, General Industrial Machinery, Rolls and others)